Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The vaccine

The vaccine

Had an interesting twist of events in the last week and a half.

I assumed I got covid back in feb march of last year before it even became popular. was sick for a very long time. but never lost taste/ smell etc just was run down. over the last year and a few months things have gotten worse. to were I was worried I was getting alhimers(sp) also maybe diabetic. I'm a pretty smart guy machining wise and over the last year I forgot a ton of stuff, couldnt focus on a job, train of thought was completely gone. something taht would take 1-2 days took 3-4. or more. I wasnt getting any better. had some good days and some bad days. Fatigue was horrible if I ate anything I was lucky to stay awake. ate a candy bar and would dang near pass out.

I was against the shot and still am for the simple reason it hasnt been approved and they have no idea whats going to happen in a year or 2 to those that have it. buddy of mines wife got the virus last weekend she was in the hospital in about 10 hours after she got it. she was out 5 hours later and is fine today just beat. he suggested I get the shot. told him no way and he knew why. then just on a whim I decided to get it just incase. went in 2 thursdays got the shot and it knocked me out. I mean put me on my butt, everyone else that got the phizer shot only had a sore arm. I ended up getting every symptom of covid Except the hard breathing parts, head aches were horrible cough taste gone etc etc. was scared to death to go to bed. thursday night. fell asleep , woke up at 5:30am groggy. feeling pretty good around 9am working everything was fine. worked till like 9pm.

My focusing issues went away, concentrating is no problem,, eating something and falling asleep went away, fatigue went away and I didnt need a nap in the evening . heck I been working till 7-9pm for the last 3 days and dont even feel tired. I have actually never felt better than I do today for over a year. I mean like WTF. granted its only been 3 days.

so I been reading the net and studies since friday night as well as my wife as she is pretty amazed also so far. we have found that covid affects your blood sugar, it spikes it super high and drops it super low. brain fog, lack of concentration and not being able to focus is another side effect of covid. ok that explained my problems over the last year but why am I getting better now?. No one really knows but a brain doctor in Texas has wrote some pages of his patients after the 1st shot that it gets you back to almost normal. the second shot they say helps ever more. seems like everyday I getting better.

more then likely caught it from my daughter as she was super sick in dec jan with pneumonia and something else no one could figure out what she had 3 different ers we sent her too, they said she had a virus but didnt know what it was or how to treat it., shes a runner and it took her dang near 1 year to run 7-10 miles again.

its been almost 2 weeks and every night after work I'm still doing labor stuff around the house and not getting tired. still waiting to drop dead or have some kinda issues but so far its been a good thing for me at least.
    going to leave here probably 8 tonight go eat then do some drywall before bed.
    got the patio door put in re-arranged a wall in the kitchen took one out.

Interesting! Please keep us updated. Your story sounds a lot like one of my family members, minus her getting the Vaccine. She is still undecided on if she wants to get it. Glad things are getting better for you!

Landon

North central phoenix, since 78, SE Arizona on the ranch, before
    Ole gal and i were under the impression we had it way back also, i was under for almost a month, functioned but at qtr speed, and almost gave up then bang i slowly came around,

and i'm a struggling n ot wanna be diabetic, and on edge managing with some light meds, diet, which by the way i'm loosing, meds are getting heavier so matter of time, degenerative parts of the body can only be replaced or over come with meds ugh,

but i had the flu also years ago, and ugly, haven't had since, knock on wood, but got the flu from shot, so i nevr, never get vacs for any reason

Exactly why I never got flu shot as well. everyone I know that got the flu shot got worse flu symptoms.over the years.
    I should clarify my post a little.
    when I went and got the shot, I got it for the reason in the back of my head I thought maybe I could phenomia,from this covid. I had phenomia when that h1a1 flu was out 10+ years ago and it about killed me. it took me 7 month before I could walk up the boat ramp at pleasant again to get the truck. I always thought if I got it again it would kill me. when the kids were sick and in school I would stay at the shop so I didnt get sick. thats how much phenomia scared me.
    This covid crap I really believe it is a strong flu that is very contageous and can give you phenomia. these is very little info out there that says it can effect other things. they only talk about people getting very sick and getting phenomia and dieing from that.
    I am sure because they didnt know that what it does to some people.
    I rarely get sick especially since the kids are grown up and out of school.
    My sugar issues and loss of concentration, going into a daze my wife and I figured it was getting old and alot of stress. even my heart doc who is the only doc I have seen 40 years figured stress was a big part of it as well as i could have diebetis, he said I needed to get a primary care doc and to get some tests. but me being me figured I would let the cards go to where they go so to speak. he recommended about 6 months ago I get the shot when it becomes avail to due to my age and I smoke and i'm worried about phenomia.
    I know lots of people that covid and where just fine. my friends wife who just gotten it git hit hard and fast (she was fine after 5 hours in the hospitol) Like he said what do I have to loose i already had issues and no sense in getting sick with covid and being out for a while. it would kill me financially, put April and Anthony and the shop in a bad spot etc etc. only reason I got it. Had absolutely no idea about the side effects or those things I been finding out until after the shot.
    I got the phizer cause no one I know that got it had side effects. wife and Anthony got maderna 2 months ago Anthony had bad side effects April had very little.
    The shot is not a cure its a preventative.

as far as me getting my health back after the shot so to speak was pure coincidental and only found out 2 days after I got it.
    by trying to find an answer as to why I feel better all of a sudden. thats when we also found out that covid effects your blood sugar and gives you brain fog for the lack of a better term. they used to term long haulers if I recall. some people who had covid early on still had fatigue concentration issues and other medical problems popped up.

all I know is right now I'm loving life again and feel great 1st time in a very long time. I still gotta get the second shot and really worried about that one. the one guy that got sick the same time I did last feb march and we assumed we had covid got his second one a while ago he told me it wiped him out. I didnt know he had gotten one until a few days after I got mine when we were talking about it.
    time will tell LOL

Quote Originally Posted by landon View Post
    Interesting! Please keep us updated. Your story sounds a lot like one of my family members, minus her getting the Vaccine. She is still undecided on if she wants to get it. Glad things are getting better for you!

Landon
    Landon
    its been wild on what happened, but was it coincidental I have no clue. could have been just me. the vaccines are not FDA approved nor have they been tested like normal Vaccines.even the phiezer website says they dont know what will happen in 8 months from now with the vaccine and how it effects people over time. thats the scary part.

2 years from now 30-40% of the population could have issues we never dreamed of health wise which is kinda scarey too.

I got flu every year without fail until I got together with Mrs. Flash and got free flu shots every year where she worked. She talked me into getting one that year, 1981, and I've gotten them every year since. Never got the flu again.

We both got the Pfizer vaccines. Thought a lot about it, went back and forth and then had a "gotcha" moment.

I don't trust the government as far as I can throw them, so why do I feel safe when the Government gives approval to a vaccine. Further, I worked in Medical Electronics for around 9 years and went through the BS the FDA had us do to make them "safe" so we could get FDA approval and sell our product. It was a total crock of excrement.

So I decided to get the vaccine, as did Mrs. Flash. No one knows what's going to happen to those who got it in the future. One side, the anti vaxers, say we're all gonna grow 3rd arms or die somehow from the vaccines. On the other side, you've got the pro vaxers who say that essentially the vaccines will do everything but cure cancer. We won't know until a few years down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    I got flu every year without fail until I got together with Mrs. Flash and got free flu shots every year where she worked. She talked me into getting one that year, 1981, and I've gotten them every year since. Never got the flu again.

We both got the Pfizer vaccines. Thought a lot about it, went back and forth and then had a "gotcha" moment.

I don't trust the government as far as I can throw them, so why do I feel safe when the Government gives approval to a vaccine. Further, I worked in Medical Electronics for around 9 years and went through the BS the FDA had us do to make them "safe" so we could get FDA approval and sell our product. It was a total crock of excrement.

So I decided to get the vaccine, as did Mrs. Flash. No one knows what's going to happen to those who got it in the future. One side, the anti vaxers, say we're all gonna grow 3rd arms or die somehow from the vaccines. On the other side, you've got the pro vaxers who say that essentially the vaccines will do everything but cure cancer. We won't know until a few years down the road.
    Thast Gotcha moment is was got me, right after I talked to my buddy I called my wife and said I want a shot now got one the next morning. She was like what happened? why did you change your mind so fast.

yup the unknowing part is the ticket.
    oh you wont grow a third arm, but you can grow a third tit after the second vacine. Actually its just swelling on the back side of the arm where you get your shot and a buddies was almost a b-cup.

If the females could grow a third tit in the middle of their back, it would be great for slow dancing....

As for me, I don't think I'll take the shot. I'm no anti-vaxxer, but I don't think I need a shot.
    Why is it that those that know the least, know it the loudest?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just as education is a poor substitute for intelligence, religion is a poor substitute for spirituality.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cum scuto, aut in scuto.

Just about the only reason Mrs. Flash and I got the shots is that I'm pretty sure the government, state or fed or both, is going to use it as a condition of travel.

We like to travel every year, so we got it. I'm not at all worried about effects down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Just about the only reason Mrs. Flash and I got the shots is that I'm pretty sure the government, state or fed or both, is going to use it as a condition of travel.

We like to travel every year, so we got it. I'm not at all worried about effects down the road.
    The guy next door at the automotive shop said he was at the dmv the other day and they asked him if he had the shot, the DMV lady said something about the new license's . Dl license that are needed for flieing will also have a spot for the covid vac. He thought she said its more for international right now than domestic flights