Thread: She's becoming a daily driver!

She's becoming a daily driver!

I've been building and working on this thing for about a year now and it's finally getting completed.

It's street legal and I drive it all over on and off road. This photo is from a wash that I was exploring down near Arivaca.

This one is on an old mining trail in the same area.

This one is on an old firebreak south of Three Points. The mountains in the background is where I was exploring old mining trails and camps.
    On the street, this thing is a terror! The engine is a hyped up little Ford V6 that sounds like a small block V8 because of the short pipes coming off the headers. It revs fast! I've already had to put a few pocket racers in their place! I love it!

Nice!

That thing is pretty cool, I wanna get out soon now that the weather is cooling. still need to get a few minor items for the Jeep to take it off road(long jack maybe a winch). but its drives perfectly for a jeep.
    can you still buy thos old 5 gal jerry cans (the steel ones)

North central phoenix, since 78, SE Arizona on the ranch, before
    yip, sure can, and i may have one or two, have to get a look, but the spout may be missing.
    i'ma gonnamiss my jeeps, hope to get the crawler up and running before xmas so it can be someones xmas gift.
    still thinking i'll get an older grand cherokee , just so i can do mild shiat. crawling days are over, can't get out from under the dang thing after fixing like i used to
    good luck and good looking ride
    Rj

I finished installing a 45 watt UHF radio system in my Old Wolf Trail Rail Buggy. I had to use an antenna with a built in "Counterpoise Antenna" because there's no flat metal in the roof for a ground plane. It looks pretty cool but I gotta be careful that it doesn't turn into a a brush catcher! I also installed another 45 watt one at the house with two separate antenna's for it on a mast 30 feet above the peak of the roof. One antenna is an omni-directional and the other one is a nice Yagi directional that I can aim with an antenna rotator. They're both hooked to a selector so I can switch from one to the other, depending on what I'm doing. I'm thinking I might be able to reach my house on the West side of the Tucson Mountains from down South of Three Points where I like to explore off road.

Calling my Wife to bring me a sandwich out to the boonies because I'm hungry probably won't earn me any points but being able to call the Border Patrol or the Sheriff's Department for a Mayday might be a good thing! Yeah, I'm licensed. WRKN866

I also have a rig set up to hook up my Baofeng GT3-TP hand held into the antenna system. It's only 8 watts but it's pretty much capable for every channel in the VHF and UHF range. Plus, I'm hooking up a "Long Wire" antenna for my ham receiver. It should make for some interesting listening!