Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt 6720

Colt 6720

Hey guys,

I picked up a Colt 6720 recently. I'm kind of on a Colt kick at the moment. I just wanted to share my thoughts about it so far (I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet).

1.) It's light and handy! I also have a Colt 6933 and it's hard to tell the weight difference. The 6720 seems lighter.
    2.) Fit and finish is very good. Owned a few Colt 6920s, and their finish was a little rough. No big deal to me but just something to note.
    3.) It's simple. I've never been a big fan of super high-tech free float tubes/rails with a bunch of stuff hanging off them. I really enjoy the clean, simpleness of a "retro" AR.

Can't wait to shoot it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DbLfHpN.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	27

Very nice. My next AR is going to be a pencil barrel. I want an A2 upper, but apparently those are unobtanium, like all the A1 stuff was/is.

North central phoenix, since 78, SE Arizona on the ranch, before
    i've a couple colt retros, takes me back to the day i melted barrels

Quote Originally Posted by knockonit View Post
    i've a couple colt retros, takes me back to the day i melted barrels
    Got any parts?

Quote Originally Posted by elguapo View Post
    Very nice. My next AR is going to be a pencil barrel. I want an A2 upper, but apparently those are unobtanium, like all the A1 stuff was/is.
    I know Troy is taboo but I also have one of the GUU-5/P retro rifles and its really nice. It has about 250 rounds through it with no issues. Talk about light! With its A1 lower and 14.7 pinned/welled pencil barrel. Feels like a toy.

If you see one for a good price ($800-$1200 depending on model) you should consider it.

Name:	4pSLWAp.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	40
    Last edited by GringoLoco; 05-11-2018 at 10:30 PM.

Clean looking rig.

LOTS to be said for keeping things simple...more $ to buy ammo and shoot/train

Quote Originally Posted by GringoLoco View Post
    I know Troy is taboo but I also have one of the GUU-5/P retro rifles and it’s really nice. It has about 250 rounds through it with no issues. Talk about light! With its A1 lower and 14.7” pinned/welled pencil barrel. Feels like a toy.

If you see one for a good price ($800-$1200 depending on model) you should consider it.

Name:	4pSLWAp.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	40
    THAT would be sweet!!!! The closest I got to that, was I had a lower just like that, stock and all (even the early PG). Shit happens, and it went away

Well, had a chance to go to shooters world this morning. The 6720 shot perfect! Ran about 150 rounds through it. Standing offhand, groups were very tight. It was a pleasure all around!

I like the looks of that retro. Clean and simple. It just shouts "battle rifle".

Finding an A2 upper is probably going to be harder and harder now that the M16A2 is considered as *obsolete*. You could always look at Rock River, Bushmaster, or Windham Weaponry to see if they have them.

I do like the Colt lightweights. I have three of them that are A2 uppers. Two of them still have the A2 stocks on them.