Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: craftsman tools sure went to hades in a hand basket

North central phoenix, since 78, SE Arizona on the ranch, before

craftsman tools sure went to hades in a hand basket

purchased some cordless tools from lowes a year or so ago, craftsman, and well frankly i've been a C fan boy, but gotta say last few tools i picked up sure are junk,
    triggers are already gone on both the impact and drill unit, with light use i might add, two rachets i've had again light use, stripped gears, and a pair of dykes again lightly used, so out of alignment, its pititful for sure
    shame shame,

have to say that milwaukee has upped their game for sure, have a gaggle of their cordless units, and yeehaw, good stuff.
    been liquidating tools from biz closure and amazing the amount i had in storage, oh well, garage sale material galore. lol

and of course another gun sale is in the future.
    Rj

Will be just like the fair grounds. Tools in the left tent, guns in the right tent.

Maybe I'll go out front and hawk primo "event parking" $9
    A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the bourgeoisie.
    Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

I want the beer and port a potti concessions.

And if you manage to break one of the old "made in USA" tools, they want to replace it with a chinese pos. That's if they'll replace it at all. If I'm going to buy chinese shit it will be Harbor Freight.They replace stuff with no argument.
    By the way, I have a friend thhat's a Snap On dealer, Have you seen their prices lately?

boy howdy, just about everything tool wise has either gone down in quality, and up in price, i'm attempting to resell a lot of used tools, have a container full, and amazingly, the offers are in the basement, gotta decide if i wanna be a tool guy who stores tools or just sell, m and move on, me thinks the latter,
    happy tuesday
    Rj

I have noticed the same with tool quality from hand tools to power tools. Milwaukee is on top of their game all around. Craftsman has definitely gone to shit. I have an old Harbor Freight impact socket set or 2 I bought in the early 90's that are believe it or not great and have never had a problem with them and they have had some abuse. They were made in Taiwan not China also. I have never bought any of their other stuff I just happened to be working in El Centro and a bunch of us went to San Diego to the storefront they had back then.

Nowadays if I stop at a yard sale I will load up on $2 crescent wrenches and any other old hand tools because the quality is great on the older stuff compared to new

rofl, how do ya think i got all these tools that werent from vendor, yard and garage sale,s lol

Rj

I'm feeling fortunate that I haven't really 'needed' to purchase much in the way of hand tools since the 1980's, other than being forced into needing some basic metric crap when trying to work on machinery that had metric fasteners.
    Being in the mechanic realm early in life, and the weekly visits by the Snap-On dealer kinda primed the pump for tool purchases, and the glitter and gleam from all of that chrome does dazzle the eye on occasion...
    Power tools (battery and corded) is a crap shoot for me anymore. Been pretty happy with my DeWalt stuff. Makita has been okay in the past. Will keep Milwaukee on my radar for future needs.
    Might need to finally stop purchasing stationary wood working machines. Running out or real estate out in the Garage Mahal...

boy howdy, built a little over 1k sq ft shop, had planned it to be ten feet longer so about another 400 sq ft, but ole gal convinced me i had enough room, dang it, i musta been dizzy, running outta room fast, the wood working tools are filling the joint.

So since you are out of room the next sale will be a gun, tool and woodworking sale? I am sure your tool collection is as good as the gun one