Thread: need a new toy

North central phoenix, since 78, SE Arizona on the ranch, before

need a new toy

Well was gonna buy a vet, but decided nope, not gonna happen, so am looking at the audi tt and the bmw z4, need a two seater rocket ship, i really want a z370 but the bucks keep me from going that route, and the used ones in that catagory are beat to hell.

hehe see how the day goes for sure
    Rj

I got that urge a year ago and bought a Bronco Sport.

Quarter mile times are the same as a 65 Mustang 289 with a 4 speed and 1/2 second faster than the same Mustang with an automatic.

Works for me.

Audi TTs are fun. I bought a new one back in 01 (the 225hp quattro model.) If you are looking at a 1.8T powered one, make sure it is the 225hp - the 180hp ones are FWD. I owned a '01 S4 at the same time. Both were great cars.

I had a E36 chassis M3 I bought new in '99. 4 door manual trans. I have owned that car several times as it keeps bouncing around between myself, my best friend, and his brother. As soon as I bought it I put the "euro" spec head, cams, intake manifold and did a retune. Added a Dinan exhaust and header. Car made 330+ HP at the wheels. Still going strong with over a quarter million miles on it (seriously!) It seen many, many quarter mile passes and autocross / track days.

350/370zs are in the weird space of clean ones are increasing in value, and at the same time the higher mile ones are getting destroyed to be race / drift cars. I traded my S4 in for a Infinity G35 sport coupe manual trans (and regretted it) when those first came out.

I like the Z3/Z4s - but only in certain powertrains. The base engines are pretty "meh." You might keep an eye out for a used Toyota FRS / GT86 / Subaru BRZ. Those might be getting a bit cheaper since they just released a brand new redesigned model. Also, if you haven't driven the current generation Miatas - you are doing yourself a disservice. They are fantastically fun to drive.

thanks for info, am looking at a lot of stuff, big issue is if i fit easy enough and can get out easy enough, lol.
    i'll keep looking till the light goes on and its the one i gotta have.
    rj

lol, fun stuff trying out new rides, some i struggle to get in and out of, some are easy peasey, anyhows, way too many units to make a hasty decision, as it'll be a partime ride, not in a huge hurry, have all the time in world to chase one down,
    lotsa fun for sure.
    Rj

lol, between me and the gal, we keep coming up with new possibilities on rides, haha, fun stuff, forgot how much she liked driving a stick, she sure likes the bmw z4, and if i duck correctly, me no hit me head either.