Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOP BUILD UPDATE

North central phoenix, since 78, SE Arizona on the ranch, before

SHOP BUILD UPDATE

Well, all framing complete, with exception of the last minute add of the air compressor and dust collector addition (5x8 with a shed roof on one end of building)
    roofer due on monday the 18the, hopefully squared away before supposed rain due this week.

i managed to get all the copper run for the water lines, yesterday, and today will work on finishing up the vent and drain for the bath sink, and clean up some items on the floor to prep for epoxy coating sometime next week, i hope, once roof is on, the windows and doors will go in.
    pick up the overhead door set up by locals here, grab it on tuesday, probably won't install till i do some trim around door,
    once windows and doors in , gonna get it lathed, and prepped for stucco.

still need to frame interior walls for office and bath, but thats a half day so..........once epoxy down will accomplish that.

opted to go with mini split heat pumps instead of roof top unit.

got a digger coming to dig primary for electric to house, whew, no end to crap, getting closer. excitement starting to build some.
    happy days
    Rj

SOunds like progress is getting made. I am looking at building one myself here in the near future

roofers due by 7, buddy steve says they will have it covered 100% today for the up coming rain,
    dang good, yeehaw
    Rj

Don't dry it in, you'll scare away the rain hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie B View Post
    Don't dry it in, you'll scare away the rain hahaha
    lol, yeah i know, but its had one douche on it already, these days ply isn't like it used to be could take a few down pours and still remain in good shape, oh well, after today no worries. then the real shiat begins
    Rj

You are correct, it definitely isn't the same material as it was.

you did epoxy over the concrete?

how difficult was it?

I want to get the floors done in the house, and was debating something like that. was it pricey?

not yet on epoxy, roof is on today, and will put windows in, and overhead door to seal place up, floor is prepped, just will need to etch floor and let dry and install.
    I went and watched a compadre do his floor, using the homedipshiat by rustoleum, pretty freaken simple, casting the chips is a learning curve, and you must get extra chips, hehe if you want a gaggle of them, only reason i'm doing a light chip spread is traction, and to break up a big arse floor space of one color. they are packages that you break open together mix it drop in a bucket and roll on, 1 set up is supposed to do 2.5 garage size. i'm a gonna go for 2 set ups, as i don't really want to do the office area, as planning on carpet tile or something to quiet the room. we will see, will advise once we get started.
    happy days
    Ric j

and zee roof is done, yeehaw, now i can get after it inside, lots ta do
    Rj

Quote Originally Posted by knockonit View Post
    and zee roof is done, yeehaw, now i can get after it inside, lots ta do
    Rj
    Ok!