Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Edit a Post?

Thats one of the problems allowing people to edit posts anytime.
    what I am looking into, for the forsale section only is have the OP 1st topic on top and the last reply right under that.
    however that does get confusing for guys who been on forums forever and read the forums like we do now. some forums use it.
    everytime you think you have it figured out or come up with another idea that someone suggested it comes up with another issue

Hello Mods, I have made two for sale post. I was able to edit my original post but I am not able to do so now. I also had added a link from revolvers to another post where I was selling additional items and wondered if that had corrupted my ability to edit.

I just tried to add an additional thought to a post after it was up for about 3 minutes, every time I clicked in the text field to edit, it would dump me out of the editor - I had to delete and start over.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmule View Post
    I just tried to add an additional thought to a post after it was up for about 3 minutes, every time I clicked in the text field to edit, it would dump me out of the editor - I had to delete and start over.
    A few things could have happened I am leaning towards this one as it has happened to me.
    your logg in timed out. for some reason when you got back and edit a post after you posted it It wont work. however if I click remember ME when I log in it doesn't happen. only when I dont click remember me is when it happens.
    I believe its based on your cookies and maybe a time limit on them.
    I use firefox and also have adblock plus on a windows 7 pc.

it might be a bug in VBulletin I need to update I havent looked as I always thought it was me.

Delw, How is it going on items F.S. being marked Sold, by the seller. Just asking.. I do like to look at sold items for their value. But I do understand some people want to clear the transaction. For me I would like to post "sold" in the header. JMHO. Thanks for keeping this site going!
    Εκείνος που γονατίζει ενώπιον του Θεού, μπορεί να σταθεί πριν από οποιονδήποτε

Quote Originally Posted by 87jeep View Post
    Delw, How is it going on items F.S. being marked Sold, by the seller. Just asking.. I do like to look at sold items for their value. But I do understand some people want to clear the transaction. For me I would like to post "sold" in the header. JMHO. Thanks for keeping this site going!
    I thought of a way a few weeks ago. basically so the title could be add'd. then I forgot about it and didnt have any time. Maybe I will play with it this weekend

So how do I delete a post and or mark Title Sold?

Quote Originally Posted by laughmore View Post
    So how do I delete a post and or mark Title Sold?
    Just mark it sold in the thread .. any potential buyers will scan the thread and move on

So, I guess this was never resolved? It makes more sense to just let people delete their own threads and posts, please add those features.

No it hasnt, I havent worried about it in a long while been buried at work. it hasnt caused any problems either.