Thread: For The Old Men

For The Old Men

Car Keys

As I left the hardware store the other day, I was fumbling for my car keys and could not find them.
    They weren't in my pockets. Suddenly I realized I must have left them in the car.
    Frantically, I headed for the parking lot. My wife has scolded me many times for leaving my keys in the car's ignition.
    She's afraid that the car could be stolen. As I looked around the parking lot, I realized she was right.
    The parking lot was empty. I immediately called the police. I gave them my location,
    confessed that I had left my keys in the car and that it had been stolen.

Then I made the most difficult call of all to my wife:
    "I left my keys in the car and it's been stolen.
    "There was a moment of silence.
    I thought the call had been disconnected, but then I heard her voice. "Are you kidding me?" she barked,
    "I dropped you off!"

Now it was my turn to be silent. Embarrassed, I said, "Well, come and get me then".
    "She retorted, "I will, as soon as I convince this cop that I didn't steal your car!"

"Welcome to the Golden Years"

LMAO

haha
    AZCDL LIFE Member
    GOA Member
    NRA Life Member

Now THAT was funny.

North central phoenix, since 78, SE Arizona on the ranch, before
    yeah, funny shiat. hope i dont go there. hahaha

I just want to walk into a store with NO MASK or SHIELD. This am, I went to Home Depot, got out of the truck and walked all the way to the door and said to myself, "You have NO face protection on", **** had to trudge back to my truck get the Face Shield on and trudge back to the door. By then I was to tired to buy anything other than what I was looking for.

I hate these things
    Light them up

Quote Originally Posted by anm2_man View Post
    I just want to walk into a store with NO MASK or SHIELD. This am, I went to Home Depot, got out of the truck and walked all the way to the door and said to myself, "You have NO face protection on", **** had to trudge back to my truck get the Face Shield on and trudge back to the door. By then I was to tired to buy anything other than what I was looking for.

I hate these things
    I think the population is getting tired of them. When I went to the Queen Creek gun show, the promoters told us before we went in that masks were required and social distancing and you'd be asked to leave if you didn't abide by those two things. I'd say around 1/4 of the people took the masks off inside and left them off and I didn't see anybody doing social distancing.

Then at 8am, our new stove and dishwasher arrived and the installers asked if we required them to wear mask and I told them hell no, leave them off....and they did.

North central phoenix, since 78, SE Arizona on the ranch, before
    i'm out and about meeting new potential clients, and i can count on one hand the number of folks wanting me to wear a mask, as for some stores, i never cover my nose with mask anyway, but i do attempt to follow rules for their sake, but if i'm loading a cart or doing anything that exerts me physically, the mask is off and i'm panting like a cat in a furnace.

have not had anyone mask shame me lately and not sure how i would respond till it happens.

happy monday, got my shop walls going up, can't be any happier than that
    Rj

Quote Originally Posted by anm2_man View Post

I hate these things
    I don't wear one to most stores anymore. If they say anything, I just shrug or say no or i know, depending on what they say. if I know I'm going to be around food, or face to face with somebody (hair cut) I'll wear one, but out in general public? Bah. Call the cops on me.