Thread: ITS OFFICIAL, THE BOND IS DEAD

North central phoenix, since 78, SE Arizona on the ranch, before

ITS OFFICIAL, THE BOND IS DEAD

Bummer, ole boy passed in evening, James Bonds original, Sir Sean Connery at 93, long live sir sean connery

Sad
    A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the bourgeoisie.
    Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

I met him on the USS United States From Bremerhaven, Germany to London, England to New York. The Captain of the ship must have thought the North Vietnamese were going to torpedo his ship so he cranked her up and flew across the Atlantic. 3 1/2 days from London to New York. A record for cross Atlantic travel by civilian ship that may still stand today. That would have been about 1965. Sean Connery was sitting at the table next to us at dinner one night. My Mom and Dad were having a discussion about it. Yes, that's 007 James Bond. No it's not, etc. etc. I got up and walked over to his table and asked him "Excuse me sir. Are you James Bond 007"? I was the son of an Army Master Sergeant and I knew how to talk to superior officers!! He answered "yes boy. I am". Then he shook my hand. I walked back to our table and told Dad that he was right.

Then my Mom told me to go get his autograph so I walked back over to his table and asked him if I could have his autograph. He took a napkin from the table.... one of those really nice ones with the picture of the ship on it and signed it "James Bond 007. Sean Connery". I took it back to Mom who looked like she was going to cry when I handed it to her. Yeah, I still have it someplace around here.

One slight correction. He was 90.

The guy epitomized cool.

The end of an era, for sure.

Remember the ruckus kicked up when he was asked about raising a hand to a woman?
    Why is it that those that know the least, know it the loudest?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just as education is a poor substitute for intelligence, religion is a poor substitute for spirituality.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cum scuto, aut in scuto.