Thread: What?

What?

Police officer killed by rooster while breaking up cockfight
    (CNN) -- A police officer has been killed by a rooster while attempting to break up an illegal cockfight in the Philippines, authorities have said.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/us_wor...xtual-fallback

WOW
    A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the bourgeoisie.
    Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

Likely hit with one of these: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/cockspur

I remember seeing a few of these when I was a kid. Some shirt tail relative was a former owner of fighting cocks and still had a few of these laying around. My dad said there were a few guys around that would carry one of these little blades to use in a fight.
    Why is it that those that know the least, know it the loudest?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just as education is a poor substitute for intelligence, religion is a poor substitute for spirituality.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cum scuto, aut in scuto.

We live outside of town in what used to be the boonies until everybody else started moving out here too. The guy who bought the property katty corner behind mine, had a Cockfighting business right in his back yard. It was still legal back then to fight them in Arizona, just not bet on them. By his own admission in court, he had almost two hundred (200) Roosters. You really can't comprehend how loud 200 Roosters can be. You also can't comprehend how stupid 200 Roosters can be. A car drives by at night and they think it's dawn. If I turn my back porch light on, they thinks it's dawn. Yes, they even think a bright moon is dawn. And yes! 200 Roosters will all crow at the same time! The properties out here are all at least an acre so it's not like they're right next door but it's still pretty loud when they're all going at once. As if that's not bad enough, the smell is pretty strong.

I took them to court but since it was legal to have and fight them, I took them to Animal Control Noise Court and won. The Judge was an old withered up Black guy who just made notes and listened to him and then me with my audio recordings. Then he announced: "One hundred dollar fine" and went back to making notes. The Rooster Rancher...that's what we called him....grinned at me, stood up and peeled a few bills off a humongous roll of cash. I'm thinking that this didn't work so it's back to Plan A: Fly the drone over his yard at night dropping Arsenic. Before he could pay the fine though, the old Judge added: "I'm bound by law to be able to only make the first fine one hundred dollars. However, I have the authority to double it each time to an unlimited amount for the same charge by the same complainant". Then he told me to file a new complaint as I left. He smiled at the Rooster Rancher and told him that he'd see him here next week.

We were in court again a couple of weeks later with the same Judge. Same result except the fine was two hundred dollars. He explained to the Rooster Rancher that the fine next time would be four hundred dollars, then eight hundred dollars, etc. The Rooster Rancher wanted to jump me right there in the courtroom. Since it was in a courtroom in front of a Judge and I was still technically under Oath, I had to tell the truth. I told him to go ahead but then I was going to have to restrain him as I arrested him. (Since retired!) He left instead.

At the third court hearing, I could tell that he was getting ready to snap. The Judge and the Court Officer saw it and so did the two Animal Control Officers. We were all watching him and waiting, practically vibrating! The Judge told him that the next time would be eight hundred, etc. The Rooster Ranchers wife was with him and she practically drug him out after paying the fine.

It was just a few days later when we had our run in. I was back by the back edge of my property doing something and spotted him climbing his fence. He climbed over and then went down thru the wash and up onto my side. He came right up and told me right to my face: "Hey Meester. Sometimes a man causes problems for another man. Then that man comes home one day and finds his dogs dead". He could tell I loved my dogs because all 500 pounds of mine were sitting right next to me, staring at him thru the fence. My big one..all 145 pounds of him...started rumbling way down low in his throat as this guy got closer. He knew.

I guess I didn't react the way he thought I would. I told him: "Yup. And sometimes a man comes home and finds his wife and kids nailed to the floor. The when he wakes up after getting hit on the head, he finds that he's nailed to the floor too. Then he sees a man spreading gasoline around. Or I could just kill you right now. I could always say it was self defense. After all, you did threaten me in court and you are on my property right now. Yeah, that's what I'm going to do. I'm gonna kill you right now".

I guess I must have been convincing because he looked pretty horrified. Then I started climbing over the fence but at the same time, I gave the word "The Pack" had been waiting for. They knew it was going to happen. I almost felt sorry for him. Almost! Here's this grinning maniac climbing over the fence while at the same time, a pack of monsters are trying to rip the fence apart to get at him. He broke and ran back across the wash, up and over his fence and in his back door. He ran right off the edge of the wash and landed in it but kept right on running. The next week, a whole caravan of trucks showed up at his house. They loaded everything up, including 200 Roosters and took off for parts unknown. They abandoned the property and the lender took it back. They had to bring out mini dozer to dig up the Rooster crap before they were able to seel the property. The noise and the smell are all gone now.

That is one thing I would never hope to kill me.

Killed by cock.

North central phoenix, since 78, SE Arizona on the ranch, before
    when a pup, the vaqueros on the ranch did a lotta cock fighint get togethers, some mean arse mothers for sure, i never gravitated for it, but did hang for the gals that waited for their papas, or grandfir, hehehe, opportunity much be approached when available, or it used to be me motto, now its shiat gotta get outta the chair, lol, happy friday, just glad to be here
    Rj

Quote Originally Posted by Paulgt2164 View Post

Killed by cock.
    That's what got Liberace, Freddie Mercury, Jim Nabors, and Rock Hudson.
    Why is it that those that know the least, know it the loudest?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just as education is a poor substitute for intelligence, religion is a poor substitute for spirituality.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cum scuto, aut in scuto.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulgt2164 View Post

Killed by cock.
    LMAO thats funny