Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Off roading?

Wow, you've done a lot!
    Waiting on a couple wheels, is that right? Nothing available locally?

Sliders are a good thing to have. Avid offroad out in gilbert (I think) could you you a nice set.

Nothing available in the country. I grabbed the last 3 at the importers warehouse.

COVID has slowed or shut down bonded warehouses, docks, and imports, Made in America wheels hardly exist, they are designed here and CAD drawings sent there for materials and machining. The "manufacturer", really an designer/importer, told me that on September 1, they will probably have enough wheels here to refit every vehicle in the country. They are afraid that people will have waited so long that all of the 40,000 pound containers full of wheels will arrive and people will cancel their backorders.

Oh well, I have 3 and hope to get 2 more, end of August.
    A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the bourgeoisie.
    Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

Quote Originally Posted by ynotaz View Post
    They are afraid that people will have waited so long that all of the 40,000 pound containers full of wheels will arrive and people will cancel their backorders.
    That means they'll be on sale.
    Why is it that those that know the least, know it the loudest?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just as education is a poor substitute for intelligence, religion is a poor substitute for spirituality.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cum scuto, aut in scuto.

And you run street tires ok

Quote Originally Posted by Dacapster View Post
    And you run street tires ok
    I've only run the street tires on the street or pretty well graded dirt to a shooting spot. It has been crimping my style coming from a 4x4 pickup and a Jeep wrangler.
    A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the bourgeoisie.
    Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

Very good ) My Taco's AZP's are a little loud and HEAVY!

I used to do the "low range rock crawling" type of off roading. I had a 69 Bronco that I built for low end grunt power and it was tough truck. If it couldn't push it out of the way, it could crawl over it. I thought about getting a hot side by side but decided that I wanted to build a ride instead. That way, I could get exactly what I wanted. My Trail Rail is pretty hot. It's got a modded up VW front end with disc brakes and coil overs on the shocks to handle the rough ride. The trany is also VW but that's it for VW stuff. The drive train is modded quite a bit with heavier suspension torsions, disc brakes, beefed up trailing arms, dual shocks and torsion type drive axles. The engine is a Ford 2.8 V6 and it's modded some too. Headers, hot ignition, six inch riser on the intake manifold, Holley 4400 Series carb makes it run nice. A massive radiator with several fans and a forced air oil cooler keeps it all cool. Five point seat belts and deep bucket seats keep us in place. It's kind of a pain to get in and out of....more like falling in and out lol.... but the quick release steering wheel helps quite a bit. It's street legal so I can drive it anywhere.

It's not the most comfortable ride, it's noisy and hot and I love it! It doesn't have a low range trany or four wheel drive so it's no good at rock crawling but put me in a wash or on an old mining trail and all you'll see is my dust!