Thread: need a number drill bit set,

North central phoenix, since 78, SE Arizona on the ranch, before

need a number drill bit set,

where in valley is a place to get a decent drill bit set, numbered, i need to drill some barrels, and well, i pretty much have decimated my stash, so time for a new set. looking first quality.
    for sure. split tip, 135degree if possible.
    thanks to all
    Rj

Quote Originally Posted by knockonit View Post
    where in valley is a place to get a decent drill bit set, numbered, i need to drill some barrels, and well, i pretty much have decimated my stash, so time for a new set. looking first quality.
    for sure. split tip, 135degree if possible.
    thanks to all
    Rj
    in the valley hahaha for anythign with quality in a set... tool crib sells them individual, hes up by you south of deervalley on 19th I believe. good people buy all my drills there and endmills for the last 25-30 years.
    he maybe able to order one in for you ask him tell him I Sent you.

other than that mcmaster carr has sets good ones.
    make sure its cobalt
    https://www.mcmaster.com/drill-sets/...rill-bit-sets/

I got them all at my place some I am missing I usually have about 12-24 of each is numbers letters and fractions as well as metrics. if ya need some you know where I am.
    one caution on split drills, if your drill a thru hole on metal dont do it unless its locked down in a manual mil and vice.
    do not use a hand drill as you will snap them off like no tomorrow as they grab when going through. usually I hold the pc on the mill and drill a hole through it but split drills snap off or grab the part and spin it around. regular points work best for drilling through even alum. thing stuff under 1/8 " material dont even attempt unless its locked down and on a hand mill.

thanks Del, i just learned my lesson for the day, i'll hit up the crib and get what i need
    Rj

and tool crib it was, great fella helped me out, they have a gaggle of items, just close enough to make it easy,, took me a bit to find them, but i did, and glad of it.

thanks
    Rj

wish i was closer. i always need a random endmill and have to wait for shipping.
    two17 metalworks FFL/SOT
    purchase silencers and NFA gear HERE with no transfer fee's.
    cnc plasma, manual lathe/milling and cnc milling

Quote Originally Posted by knockonit View Post
    and tool crib it was, great fella helped me out, they have a gaggle of items, just close enough to make it easy,, took me a bit to find them, but i did, and glad of it.

thanks
    Rj
    glad it worked out for you Ed owns the place kristian is his kid. Ed and I are close to the same age, But I been dealing with his father since the late 80's he passed away a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ShmUDE View Post
    wish i was closer. i always need a random endmill and have to wait for shipping.
    They only sell carbide mostly high dollar stuff like garr they have a few generics. I use tons of Garr tooling, the taps they sell are the best. but there a tad bit expensive