Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lets up grade that handgun

Quote Originally Posted by Larry D. View Post
    ...... lot of people that think that some piece of gear will make them a better marksman .......?
    Well, there is some truth to that. We"ll take for granted that the gun shoots where it is pointed, better sights and a better trigger will assist in making them a better marksman. Very difficult for someone to become a better marksman if the trigger pull is like 10 miles of bad road and they can't see the sights.

Quote Originally Posted by knockonit View Post
    You nailed it larry, and i have to shadow you on the kimbers, i've owned quite a few, and while some were reasonablly good to go, others were dismal to say the least, had daniel work on a few, hobbs worked on three of them and actually told me to get rid of them. so.....................i do have a double stack, beat up, ugly, that does work as intended right outta the box so to speak, and its not just kimber, i have had issues with colts, their quality has gone down hilll for years, but ..........again its about learning the use of said gat, in lieu of adding parts to assist one in being better., Oh i get the sites, as quite a few lack decent sites for ole fudds, as some call us, but i know some old fudds who can put the young tacticool fellas to shame any day on a course, and probably shame them in a stress shoot. just saying

happy hump day, i gotta make the donuts

Rj

Kimber. Yeah. I can relate to that. Bought the Solo when it first came out just so I could have it to make grips. Since it was in demand at the time, I ended up getting suckered into buying their, shall we say, custom shop model with the laser grips at $1200. Worst pistol in my possession. Couldn't get it to shoot reliably with any ammo, nasty recoil and just down right clumsy to shoot. On the up side, I made and sold plenty of grips for a few years before that model dropped off the planet.

Oh, by the way, if you see my Solo on the classifieds, disregard the above please.

North central phoenix, since 78, SE Arizona on the ranch, before
    oh i get it, just not a fan of spending as much on gun upgrades as i did on shooter, and i do like a nice trigger if one can be achieved without cashing in the retirement fund. but i try to assimilate with the newbie best i can, if its gonna be a carry, well then, i work harder at it, and then after that, if i need to make some changes and its not $$$$$ heavy i do it by all means.

and if i build something as in an ar or ak, or fal, or anything, i tend to gravitate towards what i would like them to be like, but don't take a unit and just nilly willy make changes to accommodate the new shiney syndrone
    happy days smucketts, gonna be a warm one.
    Rj

I seldom alter handguns but I have added ghost connectors to all Mrs. Flash's Glocks and I've gotten aftermarket grips on a handful of handguns I've owned over the years plus I got one trigger job done. That's about it for me.