Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Toilet Paper Shortage ?

Toilet Paper Shortage ?

Seen an article this AM about the Costco store on 44th St & Thomas FOX 10 news. It showed people in buying frenzy buying Toilet Paper... I said WTF, Is the world running out of T.P.? Don't know. So this AM (We usually go every 5-6 weeks on a household supplies run at Costco - and its been 6 weeks since the last run). Got there a 10:00am. The parking lot was a bit over 1/2 full but nobody was in a real rush. Made our way to the T.P. aisle and there had to been 30 people loading carts with T.P. I said WTF ( not just 1,2 or 3 packages) but flat carts with 15-20 packages of T.P. So I asked a woman that was trying to get in there with me "what is going on"? She said there is going to be a shortage of T.P. because its made in China (as she was loading her cart). I said why ? She said because all T.P. comes from china and since they have a severe Cornovirus issues, there will be NO T.P. for anybody. She wouldn't confirm her source, but then I asked her "what she was going to do when she runs out of the 4 T.P." ? She looked at me with wide open glassed eyes and loaded another package to the point where she could not see where she was pushing the cart !

I bought 1 package (since I have maybe 1.5 packages left at home).

I want to know "who named Toilet Paper" as the new up and coming commodity to own ? Maybe I should look into buying stock in a T.P. manufacturing company ?

PS: FYI - The Arizona Republic news print copies do a pretty good job at wiping ones ASS ! (in a Emergency)

LMOA
    Last edited by anm2_man; 03-03-2020 at 03:53 PM.

I just increased my newspaper subscription. But the grocery stores still have TP on the shelves.
    AZCDL LIFE Member
    GOA Member
    NRA Life Member

In the old days we used the Sears Catalog or a corn cob. Now I guess we bring up Amazon on the laptop and wipe with that.

smh.....so many morons out there. More out of morbid curiosity I checked a few packages. The Kirkland TP does not state where it is manufactured. Kirkland paper towels on the other hand clearly state "Made in USA".

The packages of Charmin are all marked "Made in USA".

I guess if we get desperate a roll of paper towels will become two rolls of TP. Run through the bandsaw and back at it.

Funny how we get curious. I checked our "Cotonelle" and it also is made in the USA.

There are some with the theory that we will have to stock pile food, water and even toilet paper to prepare for staying home to avoid getting the virus when it becomes so wide spread. Or stay at home when you do catch it so you do not spread it. I don't know how we lived through so many other viruses without being stuck at home at length.

Most if not all of the panic is our fake news media at work.

Here's a bizarre one for you.

We buy Zeiss lens wipes to clean our glasses. Use a couple a day. Mrs. Flash went into the inventory of the local Sam's Club yesterday and none in stock. Then she checked the local Wal Mart and the same thing, none in stock.

Both of those places always have them in stock, by the hundreds at least.

Which got me to thinking, why would there be panic buying of Zeiss lens wipes.

Figured it out after a while. They're essentially antibacterial wipes with less abrasive pads.

Here's another one Mrs. Flash just found at the Fry's food we normally shop at.

https://www.frysfood.com/

Due to high demand and to support all customers, we will be limiting the number of Sanitization, Cold and Flu related products to 5 each per order. Your order may be
    modified at time of pickup or delivery.

Most folks are reporting a severe cold or mild flu symptoms. The old or sickly that die are doing so from a bacterial pneumonia less often than swine flu or H1N1.
    Sent from chrisandclauida2's secret lair. AKA the crotchety crippled bastards hidden bunker.

Just got back from Sam's Club. Limit of 5 when buying isopropyl.

Amazing.

Oh shit, that means ATFSUCKS will be flipping toilet paper, isopropyl alcohol and other stuff on FB, CL, Offerup, Armslist and from his hotdog cart at Home Depot

And then claim he is not a flipper.

Oh man, I miss the good ole days

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Hardson View Post
    Oh shit, that means ATFSUCKS will be flipping toilet paper, isopropyl alcohol and other stuff on FB, CL, Offerup, Armslist and from his hotdog cart at Home Depot

And then claim he is not a flipper.

Oh man, I miss the good ole days
    WOW You have never forgot him. I've been trying for years.