Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Odessa killers AR bought from a mail order unlicensed Manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacapster View Post
    I don't think having a CCW works that way anymore, Last 3 they ran me regardless.
    That is odd. My last few purchases were no different than any other where I used my CCW. I showed it and a drivers license and they handed it back to me. No NICS check was run. If the rules changed they must have only changed in the last couple of weeks. Perhaps its just a policy of the place you are purchasing from.

$65 every 5 years is well worth me walking in and out with a gun without additional hassles. I am sure I give the Chinese food place triple that and all I get is a funky stomach.

I don't think having a CCW works that way anymore, Last 3 they ran me regardless.
    Seriously? In Arizona? Did you show them your CCW?

And yes, it still works that way. I've bought a lot of guns here and none went through a NICS check. The last was around 4 weeks ago.

There is no NICS Check in AZ if you have a Valid AZ CCW Permit. Nothing has Changed in AZ.

Maybe it's a Tucson thing....

Maybe it's a Tucson thing....
    Don't get offended as I have never met you but ... Do you have MS13 style face tattoos, tear drops under one or both eyes, do you look very young ..

While a CCW is supposed to give you a pass on the NICS I imagine that a private business owner has the right to do whatever he feels like and if he, for whatever reason, gets a hinky vibe he can choose to run you. Maybe you should try a different store. I mean .. he could be bigoted against you for a WHOLE host of reasons and, again with no real information to back it up, I think he can choose to run you. Maybe he doesn't like guys that wear blue socks!?!

I know there are at least 2 FFL's on the board. I hope they chime in. Even if someone presents a CCW are you within your rights to run a person anyway?

If it has happened to you in different stores then yea .. something is weird and maybe it is a Tuscon thing.

Nope old ass white guy who works for the Man

Nope old ass white guy who works for the Man
    Damn that is weird then?

Just last week, I bought 5 Anderson lower(s), Showed the FFL (where I had it transferred to) showed my DL+CCW, filled out (1) 4473, paid the xfer fee and walked out the door.

Its gotta be Tucson.