Thread: and yet another papered individual saying stupid sh*t

and yet another papered individual saying stupid sh*t

Make no mistake .. I dont have it in for people with College degrees. I have one .. but I find it amazing when, exposed to so much information and supposed insight, papered individuals say the dumbest sh*t. There is this thing called common sense that I guess they take away at somepoint during the educational process.

Lets take the latest idiot

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chi...shes-with-cruz

Chicago mayor clashes with Cruz over gun violence: ‘Keep our name out of your mouth’

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot clashed with Sen. Ted Cruz over the latest burst of gun violence in the city, claiming Monday that Chicago’s decades-long crime problem is actually the fault of Republican-run states like Indiana – because they don’t have “commonsense gun legislation” in place.

The retort came after Cruz, R-Texas, tweeted that “gun control doesn’t work” and pointed to the Democrat-run city as evidence that “disarming law-abiding citizens isn’t the answer.” His tweet referenced an article reporting that at least 25 people were shot in Chicago during Labor Day weekend amid a continuing crime wave in the city.

“Stopping violent criminals—prosecuting & getting them off the street—BEFORE they commit more violent crimes is the most effective way to reduce murder rates," Cruz tweeted. "Let’s protect our citizens.... more at the link”
    The number for the weekend is now up to 43 shot and 7 dead

How about instead of blaming access to inanimate objects that lack free will, you work to address the social and societal issues that have young black men killing each other in record numbers. Hmmmmmmm ... nah .. that requires work.

She lists as one of her shinning attributes her ability as a reformer.
    https://lightfootforchicago.com/about-lori/

When these various people who scream racism then put out statements like this you have to wonder if they have any sense at all. What you are saying is that black men and black communities cannot be left to their own devices. Given access to guns they will kill one another or engage in criminal activity. Sounds pretty racist to me

Its like making sure your very young children only have dull cutlery or eat with sporks instead of forks because they may hurt themselves. They are not yet mature enough to use the grown up tools.

Again ... were I black .. her statements would offend me.

Yes, this has been discussed many years before now.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be "cured" against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.”

― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)
    Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde

She's another one who is in complete denial. Refuses to admit the majority of the crime is black on black, not white on black. Black on black. Gang violence, drugs, everything you'd expect in a craphole city like Chicago.