Thread: Here is one I have never done before

Here is one I have never done before

Have a fairly regular client who owns a restaurant/gunshop in .... I want to say Kentucky. I would have to check but the menu looks great and they sell guns!

So he has bought for himself and I have sold to him for some of his customers who want something special.

anyway .. he wants for himself two cross draw holsters with thumb break for a J frame and colt detective. Man oh man .. it was work. I dont think I have ever held a J frame and when I got the mold I was like .. thats it. Tiny itsy bitsy thing.

Trying to get a good cross draw cant and thumb break on something that small took me about 3 days of messing with patterns. The trick was getting that all in and still giving him a nice hunk o gun to get hold of while drawing.

Anyway here is number 1 and he loves it .. I wanted to get a report from him before I posted and certainly before I made the second one.

Now I kind of want a j frame! That little sucker just disappears. It is a double layer and has a thick welt to keep it stiff and aid in a clean draw and the cant is pretty steep which is what I think he was looking for.
    Last edited by Boriqua; 08-22-2019 at 10:15 AM.

Well, well, well.......

Now that you have a blue gun, we'll need to chat.......
    Why is it that those that know the least, know it the loudest?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just as education is a poor substitute for intelligence, religion is a poor substitute for spirituality.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cum scuto, aut in scuto.