Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Arrogant' son pushes BMW given to him into river because he wanted a Jaguar

Oh man I wish some of you guys would post pix of these cars. Sounds like you are a few years older than I am and want to see what the cool stuff to have was. I did manage a used nova super sport for a bit until I blew it up but it was kind of period cool. Good buddy had a freshly painted, pinstriped challenger.

I'm not a big car guy but if you find pix online... post them!

Dad should have pushed the kid in the drink and pulled the car out. What an ungrateful POS.

My first was a 200 dollar 61 Ford that I called the sh!tbox.
    Couldn't kill it.
    Why is it that those that know the least, know it the loudest?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just as education is a poor substitute for intelligence, religion is a poor substitute for spirituality.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cum scuto, aut in scuto.

My first car, was 57 Ford rust bucket.

My 1st was a 1968 for f100 with a 390 in it. It was Dads truck and we had it in Japan also. I bought it off him for a think a few hundred so I could drive to work and back.
    about a year later a friend was selling a 1970 gtx with a 426 hemi in it for 1500 but he would trade my truck for it Dad said NO , another friend had a 69 z28 dad said NO. Dad said No cars only trucks. so me being a pissed off stupid and dumb kid went and traded it out of spite Straight Across for a 1969 for bronco that was rolled over 3-4 times(had no roll bar). took me 2 years to fix it up perfect. but was driving it in 1 month (somewhere I have a picture taken of it)

Delw

I guess I did things backwards back then. When I was 16 I had no car, but I bought a 354 cu Hemi engine. Completely rebuilt it (Bearing's, rings, Cam shaft, etc). Painted the block fire engine RED, chromed everything else. I had 6 2 barrel Stromberg down draft carbs. It was a pretty engine and I showed it quite often at local car shows. When I turned 17 I bought a 1950 Mercury 2 door fast back coupe. It had a flat head V8 + 3 speed. I ripped the motor out and swapped in the HEMI. It was fast, but also only got 2 miles to the gallon of gas. Even though, gas was only $.16 a gal at the time, I had a part time job after school at the corner drug store, But it didn't pay enough money to run that car. I swapped the flat head back in, drove it awhile and when I turned 18, I sold it for $25, turned around and bought a 1953 Studebaker Commander for $150. That was a really cool car compared to all of the boats that were out there.

But as Flash stated earlier, Nobody bought me a car either. Oh and Woodenword, there were never any 1963 GTO's. They came out in 1963, but were all titled 1964.
    Last edited by anm2_man; 08-15-2019 at 05:31 AM.