Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anyone look at the Law Tactical folding stock adapter?

I wouldn't advise buying a knock off especially an alum one. if I am thinking correctly that little tab keeps the bolt from coming back and popping one some where if people fire it with the folder folded.

Maybe I'm missing something as that often happens. But couldn't you just separate the upper and lower to go in the back pack?

Sure, you could separate em but it's so much faster and easier to have a folder.

Hey Del, How about making these?

Any idea what the price point would be?
    Why is it that those that know the least, know it the loudest?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just as education is a poor substitute for intelligence, religion is a poor substitute for spirituality.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cum scuto, aut in scuto.

North central phoenix, since 78, SE Arizona on the ranch, before
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry D. View Post
    Hey Del, How about making these?

Any idea what the price point would be?
    lets see, one arm, one hand, two legs, and a helper or two. the different set ups would be killer.

jmo though as i'm not machinist but ca'mon, if the chicoms can do it in minutes, with a hundred folks well now.
    Rj

I have a couple of them and like them, they do add weight and the little spacer for the buffer is a little trouble some for me. It is captured but i keep thinking ill forget to put it in when cleaning, lose it etc. So far that has not happened. Well made piece of kit, but like a lot of AR parts probably a solution to a problem that did not exist. That's what is great about the US we can have stupid stuff we don't need for no reason at all except we want it. Kind of like a 650 HP ZL-1 Camaro, no one needs it, but man they are cool......

So one arrived; Brownells had a coupon code and "free" shipping. Yes, it appears to be well made, installed easily enough. Steel so it does add a bit more weight. Maybe I'm missing something but with the whole thing assembled and the bolt extension installed it's no longer possible to just pull the rear take-down pin and pivot the upper up to remove the bolt carrier and charging handle. Both pins have to be pulled back and the upper removed by lifting the front up and then forward. Although that should have been obvious from the pictures.... The other main item was with the spacer that goes under the castle nut. Mine had two sling attachment loops, one on each side. The one on the left side (side with the safe/fire lever,) prevented the complete folding of the buffer tube until I ground it off. Was using a single point sling to provide stability which worked well enough but will probably have to start using a brace.

I have to say the whole AR pistol thing seems a giant set of negative trade-offs to try and have something harder hitting than a pistol caliber with you when it's arguably not that much better than a large caliber pistol.