Thread: and this is why I dont go out much

and this is why I dont go out much

Went out today for a bit and look what followed me home ... damnit!!

As of now I own half of it and the bank owns half but in 2 short years it will be all mine.

I figure I will make plans to cross africa .. or maybe just head up to the grand canyon when the weather is a touch cooler. I am not usually one for new fangeled but.. the bike does come with ABS brakes, 3 levels of traction control if you count "off" as a setting, Rebound and preload adjustment on the shocks and it is water cooled and fuel injected. Reports are stellar on durability and reliability and supposedly if you dont ride it like a wild man you can see 60MPG+

Some crash bars and oil pan protector and hard luggage that has a handle so you can just pop them off and bring them into the Tent you are staying in while in Bangladesh or to bring them into your room at the cabin or hotel.... tents make me itch.

Redline is at 10,000 but I have to baby it for break in and its going to kill me. It now has 4 miles on the clock.

Here are links if you want to see slightly larger pix !

http://www.boriqualeather.com/Vstrom/V1.JPG

http://www.boriqualeather.com/Vstrom/V2.JPG

http://www.boriqualeather.com/Vstrom/V3.JPG

http://www.boriqualeather.com/Vstrom/V4.JPG
    Last edited by Boriqua; 07-06-2019 at 03:05 PM.

North central phoenix, since 78, SE Arizona on the ranch, before
    dang i sure like the new shiney , best of luck with it.
    Rj

Very nice ride Bud. I think you will enjoy playing on that.
    A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the bourgeoisie.
    Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

Alex got a Weeeee-strom!

Gotta sell a lot more leather now, brother.
    Why is it that those that know the least, know it the loudest?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just as education is a poor substitute for intelligence, religion is a poor substitute for spirituality.

And here I thought you were headed down the Vespa path! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    And here I thought you were headed down the Vespa path! LOL
    I am a mutli dimensional kind of guy .. I can do Motorcycle and vespa and be ok with it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boriqua View Post
    I am a mutli dimensional kind of guy .. I can do Motorcycle and vespa and be ok with it!!
    Kind of like carrying a 1911 and having a LW J-frame backup! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    Kind of like carrying a 1911 and having a LW J-frame backup! LOL
    I LOVE that analogy!!

I like that, i was very casually looking at the Honda Africa Twin, but it seems so heavy to actually do much adventure riding on. Plus i am adverse to any debt..... Curious to hear how you like this one. I thought you were more the vintage MC type.....

Quote Originally Posted by h8pvmnt View Post
    I like that, i was very casually looking at the Honda Africa Twin, but it seems so heavy to actually do much adventure riding on. Plus i am adverse to any debt..... Curious to hear how you like this one. I thought you were more the vintage MC type.....
    The africa Twin is a gorgeous bike but a bit out of my range in both price and height. Being all of 5'9" I could barely reach the floor on the African and while I dont mind leaning the bike off to one side, I spend a good deal of time with a passenger and it can get tiring.

Still .. That Honda is pretty hot!

So far I am absolutely in love with the bike and I am still not through break in. It has 250 miles on it and I do like middle weight bikes. It is so well behaved to be almost boring. There are times at say 4500 rpm that I think the motor stopped and if you enter a turn it behaves so nicely that you just cruise through it. All in it was about $10,000 OTD with the five trillion fees for the 2019 but there are deals to be had on the naked ones from 2017 2018.

I still love my vintage bike and here lies the difference. It is kind of the same with Manual vs Auto transmissions. If you want to drive a motorcycle .. my old bike is the ticket. It makes some engine noise, You hear the 16 valves, you can smell gas vapors, the steering is pretty quick and it doesnt suffer foolishness lightly and it wants you to stay on the gears to keep it in the sweet spot. If you whack the throttle it responds immediately and with a lurch. No ABS here so braking hard or soft is on you and how you want to play the curves and you are seated somewhat aggressively over the bars.. Its raucous little beast but your input is what you get out. So if you want to "motorcycle" then its awesome.

If you want to go places on a motorcycle ..which to me is different .. cant beat the bike I just picked up. Its traveling on 2 wheels but with all the computerized what nots and have you's there is little for you to do but sit on it and ride. Traction control, ABS, Fuel injection, Computerized ignition, Liquid cooling, Fairing .. shoot you dont even feel the wind.

I may or may not keep the 80's bike but .. I think it needs someone who wants to maintain it and beat it up. Getting on in years I am kind of liking just cruising down the road with my old wife and sitting upright so I can see the beautiful AZ scenery.