Thread: TO SCOPE OR NOT TO SCOPE

North central phoenix, since 78, SE Arizona on the ranch, before

TO SCOPE OR NOT TO SCOPE

So just assembled a nice looking ar10, so am thinking maybe a scope, I"m no longer a long distance shooter, but do like to reach out to 2-4 hundred yards and know i can hit something, was a day it was farther, but suspect this is not the platform for me to do so.

anyways, recommendations on a scope, one that will not break the bank as this is a most time safe queen, hehe, share what you know or think you know, and i'll take a good look and try and make a informed decision

thanks ahead of time.

and happy pappy day
    Rj

Quote Originally Posted by knockonit View Post
    So just assembled a nice looking ar10, so am thinking maybe a scope, I"m no longer a long distance shooter, but do like to reach out to 2-4 hundred yards and know i can hit something, was a day it was farther, but suspect this is not the platform for me to do so.

anyways, recommendations on a scope, one that will not break the bank as this is a most time safe queen, hehe, share what you know or think you know, and i'll take a good look and try and make a informed decision

thanks ahead of time.

and happy pappy day
    Rj
    2-400.. red dot🤣

You undoubtedly hit out to 300 Meters with iron sights in the Marines, so you can do it with a red dot now. A scope would make it easier though.

I generally only shoot at moving targets Ie yotes. scope only over 100 yards, reddot/open sights would be best unless you want to shoot paper then scope.
    if your calling yote reddot only way to go.

I'd say a 1-4 or 1-6 scope at the min.

Depends on your eye sight. I have trouble focusing on iron sights and find reddots okay for up to 50 yards for my eyes. But a scope like the Vortex Strike Eagle 6x is ideal for reaching out a ways. There are better scopes if you want to spend more. But that is spending a lot more.