Thread: .38 spl

North central phoenix, since 78, SE Arizona on the ranch, before

.38 spl

Well i really enjoy reloading especially the venerable .38 spl, on a 550 dilly, anyhows, it is kinda aggravating though, on spinning the dealy bob, for next stage the finished unit has a penchant to not go down the c hute but fall between the drop chute and the stage wheel.
    Now i slowed down and the unit falls just perfect, but once in the zone i tend to pick up a tad of speed, and have to use a finger to flip unit into chute to tub

was wondering if its my karma to have this issue, or maybe i need to modify the little rampy thingy.

now all the technical venacular is all mine, so if you have a dilly 550 you just might know what i am referring to, if not, well, i won't be explaining it cause i have no friggin idea what they call the parts per dilly boys.

just whining, but can say, the 550 is a jewel to load on, jmo of course and i'm sure a regular gamet of a holes will sound off about their loader, which is great to hear.

happy monday, just glad im gonna make it to end of day
    Rj
    Last edited by knockonit; 05-06-2019 at 07:02 PM.

Well I can't help with your Dillon but since we are talk'n 38.... how you loading them. Just rolled a bunch a couple days ago. 125gr bullets with 4.4 gr for the wife and some 5.4 gr for me of hp38. All to shot from the 3in gp100. Wife was killing it today with the lighter 38's. I had a bunch of 357 but it was to fun shooting the 38's.

North central phoenix, since 78, SE Arizona on the ranch, before
    using a coated boolit, 158 gr, with 3.2 of 231, nice light shooters and accurate for me, saturday was hitting poa, no issues, and at 50 hitting the bowling pin steel target,

been using dg bullets, have loaded, 9mm, now some .45, and .38, just ordered some 10mm. so will see how it goes, for me a decent price,
    tried the acme''lipstick" 9mm and .45 bullets, did just fine, the green demons are a tad cheaper with the discount code, and what i'm loading is just plinking rounds, as we shoot a couple times a month a lot of lead goes down range,

also have some blue 9mm, they were ok, only got 500 so jury is still out on them.
    happy days
    Rj

Quote Originally Posted by knockonit View Post
    Well i really enjoy reloading especially the venerable .38 spl, on a 550 dilly, anyhows, it is kinda aggravating though, on spinning the dealy bob, for next stage the finished unit has a penchant to not go down the c hute but fall between the drop chute and the stage wheel.
    Now i slowed down and the unit falls just perfect, but once in the zone i tend to pick up a tad of speed, and have to use a finger to flip unit into chute to tub

was wondering if its my karma to have this issue, or maybe i need to modify the little rampy thingy.

now all the technical venacular is all mine, so if you have a dilly 550 you just might know what i am referring to, if not, well, i won't be explaining it cause i have no friggin idea what they call the parts per dilly boys.

just whining, but can say, the 550 is a jewel to load on, jmo of course and i'm sure a regular gamet of a holes will sound off about their loader, which is great to hear.

Rj
    I always liked shooting the 38 special. had a security 6 in 6" blued and loved it. But of coarse that was a gun I traded up for.
    I mainly shot the 140 hollow base wad cutters, the one with the inset point in the front.
    yes definatly a bitch to load in the 550 used my rcbs all the time for those and .375

Quote Originally Posted by knockonit View Post

Rj
    Simple fix.....he..he..he

Get a self spinning dealy bob and your problems will go away.