Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 20 gauge & Self Defense ?

Yet another reason to reload. Make your own 20 Gauge 00 Buck.

Quote Originally Posted by WRMorrison View Post
    I wouldn't have any issues using 20 for home defense. I use a 20 slug gun for deer because I read (at the time, not sure about now), 20ga sabot slugs had a slight velocity edge over 12. I also use a 20 for most bird hunting, even though I've got a few 12's. Not because of the recoil, but because the shorter LOP on a youth model 20 fits me better.

The hard part is finding 20ga buckshot locally. I see it every now and then, but not very often.

-WRM
    What are you looking for?
    If I run across it, we'll arrange a pony express.
    Why is it that those that know the least, know it the loudest?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just as education is a poor substitute for intelligence, religion is a poor substitute for spirituality.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cum scuto, aut in scuto.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry D. View Post
    What are you looking for?
    If I run across it, we'll arrange a pony express.
    Not necessarily looking for it, but when I come across 000 or 0000 I usually pick up a box for safe keeping. I've don't see myself needing it anytime soon (use other stuff for HD), so the scarce availability isn't really an issue for me. Thanks for the offer though!

-WRM

Quote Originally Posted by WRMorrison View Post
    Not necessarily looking for it, but when I come across 000 or 0000 I usually pick up a box for safe keeping. I've don't see myself needing it anytime soon (use other stuff for HD), so the scarce availability isn't really an issue for me. Thanks for the offer though!

-WRM
    No sweat.
    You've hooked me up before.
    Why is it that those that know the least, know it the loudest?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just as education is a poor substitute for intelligence, religion is a poor substitute for spirituality.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cum scuto, aut in scuto.

I used to have a link to find the all the buck shot loads , was kinda a database updated daily. I'll see if I can find it.

Not tough finding most ammo. Just do an online search. Did a google search and found 20 gauge 00 buck and other interesting loads including darts at www.wolfhillammo.com. Not cheap though.

North central phoenix, since 78, SE Arizona on the ranch, before
    well the way i figure it, being shot sucks, it hurts, and sure changes ones mind about what you can be shot with, so shoot whom ever you want with what you want, as no matter what it is, unless the be on a altering drug, its gonna knock them down, lay them down, make them scream, whine, and carry on, especially when you put the second one in them whilst they scream at you. Pretty sure 12ga, or 20 ga, or 410 ga, just won't matter all that much, again, unless they be on one of dem drugs that makes you the Hulk.

just saying
    Rj

Quote Originally Posted by knockonit View Post
    well the way i figure it, being shot sucks, it hurts, and sure changes ones mind about what you can be shot with, so shoot whom ever you want with what you want, as no matter what it is, unless the be on a altering drug, its gonna knock them down, lay them down, make them scream, whine, and carry on, especially when you put the second one in them whilst they scream at you. Pretty sure 12ga, or 20 ga, or 410 ga, just won't matter all that much, again, unless they be on one of dem drugs that makes you the Hulk.

just saying
    Rj

Trouble is, a lot of the criminals such as muggers are doing it to support their habits. That includes "Hulk" drugs.

North central phoenix, since 78, SE Arizona on the ranch, before
    the sky is falling ugh